matching transactions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Feb 28 08:29:12 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2020 22:16:51 CET Jack wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> On 2020.02.27 14:54, Michael Hirmke wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > as the manual states, "The values of both transactions must be the
> > same for the match to work" when manually matching transactions. The
> > same seems to be the case when kmymoney tries to match automatically.
> > So there is no way to match scheduled transactions with transactions
> > from my bank where the amount differs every time like my loan? If so
> > what is the preferred way? Deleting the scheduled transaction after
> > the record has been received from the bank?
> >
> > Thx.
> >
> > Bye.
> > Michael.
> I have my scheduled transactions set to not enter automatically, and I
> generally adjust the amount for the current value when I do enter it,
> so it does match.  You can also change the amount after both
> transactions are entered/downloaded and then match them manually.
> However, I don't think the end result would be much different from
> deleting the scheduled transaction once the bank transaction has been
> imported.

It might make a difference when the scheduled transaction contains splits
(assignments to multiple categories).

KMyMoney should be able to cope with varying amounts during the match operation.
I know that my phone bill has varying amounts and it matches perfectly well
every month. One requirement for that to work is that you mark the option
"Amount is an estimate because it varies for each payment" for the schedule.

The trick might be to not enter the scheduled transaction (manually or
automatically) but let the import do it (not sure if that is documented).
In case no match was found in the ledger of the account during the
imported, KMyMoney searches for (over-) due schedules and if one of them
matches it enters it directly while performing the match.

Hope that helps.

Thomas

Las Vegas - Mecca of experimental statistics. (Jens Hoffmann)