matching transactions

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 27 21:16:51 GMT 2020

Hello Michael,

On 2020.02.27 14:54, Michael Hirmke wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> as the manual states, "The values of both transactions must be the
> same for the match to work" when manually matching transactions. The
> same seems to be the case when kmymoney tries to match automatically.
> So there is no way to match scheduled transactions with transactions
> from my bank where the amount differs every time like my loan? If so
> what is the preferred way? Deleting the scheduled transaction after
> the record has been received from the bank?
>
> Thx.
>
> Bye.
> Michael.
I have my scheduled transactions set to not enter automatically, and I
generally adjust the amount for the current value when I do enter it,
so it does match.  You can also change the amount after both
transactions are entered/downloaded and then match them manually.
However, I don't think the end result would be much different from
deleting the scheduled transaction once the bank transaction has been
imported.