Compiling on Ubuntu, 5 steps, do they make sense?, was: Re: AqBanking 5.99 or 6.0 ? GLS Bank: Starke Kundenauthentifizierung notwendig

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Sep 17 18:13:59 BST 2019

Timon,

On Dienstag, 17. September 2019 18:26:36 CEST Timon Fiddike wrote:

> Hi Thomas, *,
>
> ideally I'd like to install from an Ubuntu package or PPA, but AFAIK
> the latest version available is 5.0.1, and in 2-3 weeks I'd like to be
> able to use KMyMoney and AqBanking as before PSD2 introduction ...
>
> It's been a couple of years since I've compiled anythin from source.
>
> If anyone intends to create a PPA in the next couple of weeks please
> let me know 8-)
>
> If not, here's my idea of how to go about it:
>
> 1. Clone a VM that runs Ubuntu bionic (18.04.3 LTS), just like a VM and
> two real machines on which I use KMyMoney and AqBanking in production.
> All following work will be done on the new VM, so I can start over
> without too much pain if needed.
> 2. Read up on how to create Ubuntu packages from Ubuntu source
> packages.
> 3. Install KMyMoney and AqBanking source packges offered by ubuntu
> (5.0.1) and build dependencies, compile and build packages
> 4. Download latest KMyMoney sourcecode that is offered as a release /
> version (5.0.6), same for AqBanking, compile and build packages
> 5. Checkout latest KMyMoney sourcecode from git (master), same for
> AqBanking, compile and build packages.
>
> So far I got 1. done, looking forward to finding the time for 2.
>
> Any obvious mistakes here?

I would skip step 3 and 4 above. They won't help. Building should be the same from a tarball as from git (ok, it then comes without translations). If you need those, the process is a bit different. In case you're interested, I can provide details.

Also, I recommend to use KMyMoney sourcecode from git (5.0) and not master. This will be much closer to 5.0.6 and a soon to be 5.0.7. AqBanking has to be from its master branch. Oh, and don't forget to get gwenhywfar also from git (master).

> Are the build dependencies for git master the same as for 5.0.1?

Yes, at least for the 5.0 branch.

Windows are like... windows. Shiny, fragile, expensive.