Compiling on Ubuntu, 5 steps, do they make sense?, was: Re: AqBanking 5.99 or 6.0 ? GLS Bank: Starke Kundenauthentifizierung notwendig

Timon Fiddike timon-kmymoney at fiddike.com
Tue Sep 17 17:26:36 BST 2019

Hi Thomas, *,

ideally I'd like to install from an Ubuntu package or PPA, but AFAIK
the latest version available is 5.0.1, and in 2-3 weeks I'd like to be
able to use KMyMoney and AqBanking as before PSD2 introduction ...

It's been a couple of years since I've compiled anythin from source.

If anyone intends to create a PPA in the next couple of weeks please
let me know 8-)

If not, here's my idea of how to go about it:

1. Clone a VM that runs Ubuntu bionic (18.04.3 LTS), just like a VM and
two real machines on which I use KMyMoney and AqBanking in production.
All following work will be done on the new VM, so I can start over
without too much pain if needed.
2. Read up on how to create Ubuntu packages from Ubuntu source
packages.
3. Install KMyMoney and AqBanking source packges offered by ubuntu
(5.0.1) and build dependencies, compile and build packages
4. Download latest KMyMoney sourcecode that is offered as a release /
version (5.0.6), same for AqBanking, compile and build packages
5. Checkout latest KMyMoney sourcecode from git (master), same for
AqBanking, compile and build packages.

So far I got 1. done, looking forward to finding the time for 2.

Any obvious mistakes here?

Are the build dependencies for git master the same as for 5.0.1?

Cheers,

Timon

--

Viele Grüße