HBCI and PSD2

Ralf jochen at r-ci.de
Tue Sep 10 15:08:57 BST 2019

Hello,

I am using kmymoney with AqBanking to keep my bank accounts in sync with
kmymoney. Unfortunately I have been informed that all banking software
accessing the accounts with HBCI has to be certified or at least accredited
by BaFin (here in Germany).

The message can be read at
https://kunden.commerzbank.de/portal/de/privatkunden/konten-karten/wissen/zahlungsverkehr-organisieren/hbci_psd2.html

Excerpt from the web page (translated by DeepL):
-----------------------
"The most important changes for financial software users connected to
Commerzbank with FinTS/HBCI from 14 September 2019:

    In future, all third-party services must be approved by the German
Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) - for your security. This
also includes the financial software that you use for your banking
transactions via HBCI/FinTS. Manufacturers of financial software products
are therefore required to register their products with the German banking
industry ("DK"). The assigned registration number is checked in dialogue
with the respective bank computer. This ensures that only up-to-date and
secure financial software products are used.

    For you as a HBCI user, this means that you must update your financial
software by the end of 2019 in order to be able to participate in the
customer-bank dialogue at the HBCI/FinTS interface at the highest security
level."