Fwd: Unable to select Finance::Quote as online source

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 21 09:41:10 GMT 2019

On Donnerstag, 21. November 2019 01:07:51 CET Jack wrote:

> On 2019.11.19 08:00, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> >
> > missing.

> >> Nothing special. Just comes up with a list of all Finance::Quote
> >> online sources on the terminal. I can not get that list from KMM.
> >> After selecting F::Q, the online source tab comes up solid blue when
> >> I click on it and the Factor tab remains greyed out.
> >>
> > > The standard online sources seems to function as normal.
> >
> > The checkbox being checked is only stored permanently when the
> > "Online source" combo box is not empty. I have no idea why the logic
> > is as it is, but it seems to be that way for a long time (comes all
>
> > the way from SVN):
> One problem here seems to be that checking the "Use Finance::Quote" box
> clears the Online Source, preventing it from being saved.

Yes, it did that all the time. The logic did not change. After clearing the
combo box entries it asks Finance::Quote for a listing of sources and that for
some reason returns an empty list.

I tried to duplicate the problem yesterday and found out that the list remains
empty for me because F::Q does not run on my box (due to missing Perl
modules). I installed a whole bunch but am not yet done.

The consequence of the empty list is that the marked checkbox is not
permanently stored. As soon as there will be entries in the combo box the
setting will be stored.

> Actually -
> it does save, with F::Q not checked, and the Online Source unset,
> loosing whatever it had been set to.  I suspect this is separate from
> F::Q not working, initially for Yahoo being missing, but the latest
> version seems to default to Alphavantage, which will only work with an
> API key.  Using Yahoo_json does seem to work.
>
> > commit 67559352752fb99ce24f73c4bd406d7cd3300dfb
> > Author: Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com>
> > Date:   Sat Jul 3 20:41:47 2010 +0000
> >
> >    Port KNewInvestmentWizard to QWizard and move it to the wizards
> >
> > directory.
> >
> >    svn path=/trunk/extragear/office/kmymoney/; revision=1145701
> >
> > So it's probably worth to open a bug so that we fix it. An indication
> > with which KMyMoney version this was (still) working would be very
> > much appreciated.
>
> I'll also update there, after more testing.
>
> Jack

How many programmers does it take to change a
light bulb? None. It's a hardware problem!