Fwd: Unable to select Finance::Quote as online source

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Nov 19 13:00:51 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Dienstag, 19. November 2019 12:59:59 CET timothy wrote:

> On 2019/11/19 12:17, Doug Lytle wrote:
> > On 11/19/19 4:49 AM, timothy wrote:
> >> I'll file a bug unless someone can spot anything that I am missing.
> >
> > Timothy,
> >
> > Not that I know the answer, but if you run kmymoney from the command
> > line, do you get more information when trying to select Finance::Quote
> > in the console?
> >
> > Doug
>
> Hi,
>
> Nothing special. Just comes up with a list of all Finance::Quote online
> sources on the terminal.
> I can not get that list from KMM. After selecting F::Q, the online
> source tab comes up solid blue when
> I click on it and the Factor tab remains greyed out.
>
> The standard online sources seems to function as normal.

The checkbox being checked is only stored permanently when the "Online source"
combo box is not empty. I have no idea why the logic is as it is, but it seems
to be that way for a long time (comes all the way from SVN):

commit 67559352752fb99ce24f73c4bd406d7cd3300dfb
Author: Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com>
Date:   Sat Jul 3 20:41:47 2010 +0000

   Port KNewInvestmentWizard to QWizard and move it to the wizards directory.

   svn path=/trunk/extragear/office/kmymoney/; revision=1145701

So it's probably worth to open a bug so that we fix it. An indication with
which KMyMoney version this was (still) working would be very much
appreciated.

Regards

Thomas

BTW, just the planning of the test cases helped me
to improve the code a lot. -- Alvaro Soliverez