Income/Expenditure totals amounts of IDR show no decimals

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon May 27 20:11:42 BST 2019

Michael,

On Montag, 27. Mai 2019 20:25:29 CEST Michael Berger wrote:

> Dear all, dear Thomas,
>
> KMM Version 5.0.2 in Mageia 6
>
> I have various currencies to be converted to and shown in EURO in the
> Income/Expenditure Report. Bigger amounts of IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) are
> correctly converted and shown as xxx,yy. Smaller amounts are also
> correctly converted but shown as xxx  without digits. See the amount of
> 355 in the attachment.
>
> The exchange rate is 1€ = 14000 IDR / 1IDR = 0,000071428€
> So, the number 355 (without decimals!) as per screenshot represents the
> €-equivalent of 4’970’000 IDR.
>
> However, in the same summary further down the  amount of 1630.91 (with
> decimals!) represents the €-equivalent of 22’832’740 IDR.
>
> It looks as if the conversion works for small and big amounts. However,
> in small amounts he digits are swallowed!?

The conversion is independent of the amount, so this cannot be the cause. I can think of a problem with the security/currency precision.

> Nothing really serious but somehow inconsistent and irritating. I hope I
> could make myself clear and that this could be corrected.

Can you check if the problem persists with 5.0.4? You can download an AppImage file which you can start instead of the installed version. Simply download the file, make it executable and start it. Here's the link where you can find an up-to-date version:

  https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Stable_Appimage_Build/

Hope that helps. Otherwise, I welcome a demo file for reproduction and fix.

Thomas

Of all the computing resources available, the most valuable one is
programmers' time. Especially in open source where most of us have to
sneak in time to write and debug code. (Ace Jones)