import date trouble

Scott Lair scott at laircpa.com
Tue Jan 15 18:58:45 GMT 2019

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 12:50:24 -0500
Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 2019.01.15 10:33, Scott Lair wrote:
> > I have the following transaction in a .qfx file downloaded from my
> > credit union
> >
> > <STMTTRN>
> > <TRNTYPE>XFER
> > <DTPOSTED>20181201000000
> > <TRNAMT>-745.00
> > <FITID>12/1/2018 12:00:00 AM
> > <NAME>Landlord
> > <MEMO>Withdrawal, Processed, Transfer
> > </STMTTRN>
> >
> > When I import under debian buster, currently 4.8.1 the date of the
> > transaction in kmmoney comes out as 2018-12-01.  No problem.
> >
> > When I import under windows with either 4.8.0, 4.8.1 or 4.8.2 the
> > date gets changed to 2018-11-30.
> >
> > Any idea on how I can get it to work in windows?
> >
> What version of Windows, is your clock set to local or UTC, and what
> timezone do you have set?  I don't know if any of those will give a
> definitive answer, but there was an issue in the past of importing a
> "wrong" date.  However, as I remember, that had to do with a
> timezone being specified in the OFX itself and not being handled
> correctly.  I don't know if it matters, but is there a timezone
> specified anywhere else in the OFX?
>
> Jack

Windows 10. Clock is set to EST.

I don't see the timezone being set in the ofx file. Do you know the tag
and  syntax to set it? I didn't have much luck finding it. I did try
appending the timezone to the transaction and date came out correctly,
but this wouldn't really work well on an ongoing basis. If I could
simply add a one line timzone code at the top of the file, that would
work for me.

thanks,

Scott