import date trouble

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 15 17:50:24 GMT 2019

On 2019.01.15 10:33, Scott Lair wrote:
> I have the following transaction in a .qfx file downloaded from my
> credit union
>
> <STMTTRN>
> <TRNTYPE>XFER
> <DTPOSTED>20181201000000
> <TRNAMT>-745.00
> <FITID>12/1/2018 12:00:00 AM
> <NAME>Landlord
> <MEMO>Withdrawal, Processed, Transfer
> </STMTTRN>
>
> When I import under debian buster, currently 4.8.1 the date of the
> transaction in kmmoney comes out as 2018-12-01.  No problem.
>
> When I import under windows with either 4.8.0, 4.8.1 or 4.8.2 the date
> gets changed to 2018-11-30.
>
> Any idea on how I can get it to work in windows?

What version of Windows, is your clock set to local or UTC, and what
timezone do you have set?  I don't know if any of those will give a
definitive answer, but there was an issue in the past of importing a
"wrong" date.  However, as I remember, that had to do with a timezone
being specified in the OFX itself and not being handled correctly.  I
don't know if it matters, but is there a timezone specified anywhere
else in the OFX?