KMyMoney + AqBanking: Keychain or similiar program for Ubuntu 18?

Jack ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Thu Jan 10 15:49:44 GMT 2019

On 1/10/19 10:19 AM, Timon Fiddike wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I use the current version of KMyMoney that is included in Ubuntu 18.
> The "About" dialogue says 5.0.0 but I read somewhere that it is really
> 5.0.1 or 5.0.2??
>
> Inside KMyMoney I use AqBanking to retrieve transaction information
> from banks in Germany. This works great, but I have to type / copy
> paste the pin number for each account every single time I update them.
> This is annoying, as I have several accounts.
>
> Is there some tool like Keychain that can story this info and provide
> it to KMyMoney? What do I need to install?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Timon
>
> --
> https://fiddike.com

5.0.1 identified itself as 5.0.0, but I believe that was fixed by
5.0.2.  (There might be a difference between Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10 but
the package number should be correct in either case.)

As for where the password/pin might actually be stored, in my case, it
is in the KDE KWallet.  I don't recall if KMM can or will save by
itself, and I don't know at all if Aqbanking has the ability.  Try
installing kwallet if it isn't already installed.

I don't use Aqbanking, so a definitive response will wait for someone
who does.  However, is there a "remember password" tick box shown at any
stage of either updating the account, or configuring the account in
Aqbanking?  Separately, when you say "pin" do you mean the password for
the account, or is it in addition?