Help with config issue

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 6 00:39:49 GMT 2019

Felix,

I realize that in addition to Thomas' offer of help with compiling, you
had other questions we still have not addressed.  In general, I prefer
not to have accounts of the simple Asset type.  I prefer to use Savings
or Checking, to better reflect reality.  I also use Cash to (try to)
keep track of what is actually in my wallet.  I don't know for sure why
you were getting a default "increase" rather than "decrease" but I
think with a checking type account the default should be "withdrawal."

In terms of keeping the same payee as the previous transaction in the
"Pay to:" field, I think that is by design.  I believe the date also
stays the same.  There is no need to clear the Payee before entering a
new one, so you would only have to clear the field if you were doing a
transfer where you didn't want/need a Payee.

If this doesn't really address your issue, let us know, as well as
whether you were successful in compiling from source, or need further
help.

Jack

On 2018.12.31 11:12, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Felix,
>
> make sure to use the 5.0 branch (stable) and not master (unstable).
>
> In case you've never build KMyMoney from source it may be a rough
> ride. If you have problems, please contact us on the developer list
> (kmymoney-devel at kde.org) and we can guide you through the jungle.
>
> In case of your main problem, I currently cannot add anything useful.
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas
>

> On Montag, 31. Dezember 2018 15:30:15 CET Felix Rubio Dalmau wrote:
>
> > Hi Jack,
> >
> > 	Thank you for your answer. I will build KMM package from GIT
> for this one, then :-). On our question: This is the account I share
> with my wife, so there are two deposits per month, and a number of
> bills/expenses paid out of there. The account if of type "Asset". Do
> you have any idea on what might be wrong?
> >
> > 	Thank you!
> > 	Felix
> >
> > On dilluns, 31 de desembre de 2018 13:00:02 CET
> kmymoney-request at kde.org wrote:
[snip... rest of original Digest message]