No plugins; cannot load data file.

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 11 23:09:09 GMT 2019

Brendan,

Sorry that I just haven't had a chance to look at your scripts.
However, you are correct that Timthy's problem is most likely a
mismatch between where the plugins are getting installed and where the
system expects to find them.  If the build were done with
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr (or hopefully even /usr/local) then things
SHOULD just work.  However, as we have all discovered, every
distribution is a little different, so figuring out where the plugins
DO get installed, and then explicitly setting the appropriate
environment variable to point to them, assures things work, even if it
shouldn't be necessary.

In addition, if you point the install to anywhere else, such as to keep
it completely separate from the distro installed version, then you can
get your newly compiled application trying to run the system installed
plugins, which does not always work, and almost never what you want.
Setting that variable can make this work.  (QT_PLUGIN_PATH, from
memory.)

Jack