Changing the opening date of an account

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Aug 10 13:18:09 BST 2019

Salut Philippe,

On Samstag, 10. August 2019 12:32:28 CEST Philippe Debrabant wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I changed the opening date of an existing account and the opening
> balance (0 initially). Since that operation, each time I save the file I
> get an error message : (google trad)
>
> ------------------------------------
> * The opening date of the "Opening balance" account can not be modified
> to manage the date of sending the transaction "T000000000000009008".
>     * The date of dispatch "26/04/2018" of the transaction
> "T000000000000009008" is prior to the opening date of one of the
> accounts to which it refers.
>       Related accounts: Opening balance
>       The date of dispatch has not been changed to "04/06/2018".
>
> Finished: 0 problem fixed. 2 problems still present.
> ------------------------------------

You did not mention the version of KMyMoney you are using, but I expect it might be a bit older. But that really doesn't matter.

Here's what happened: you modified the opening date and added an opening balance. The addition of the opening balance creates a transaction from the equity account called 'Opening balances' to/from the account you modified on the date of account opening. This is no problem for your account. That date though, might be before the opening date of the opening balances account. Here's how to fix this:

Mark the option to show the equity accounts (could be called "Afficher les comptes titres"). This will show the opening balances account in the accounts view. Change its opening date to a date prior to the first transaction you want to record. It does not have any relevance, and I think newer versions do set it to something like 1.1.1900 or similar.

Is it the French translation? Please report this to the french translation team. Check https://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=fr howto get in touch with them.

> It's an "active" account, created in the same time of a loan account.
> The date of creation is "04/06/2018" with a balance of 0. I changed that
> for a creation on "26/04/2018" with a balance <> 0.
>
> Did I made a mistake ? Or is it a bug ?

Please see above.

> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome

Thomas

'I used *that other operating system* (now to be considered
open source? <g>) for some years' - anonymous source