Exporting .qif file...

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Sep 11 07:10:24 BST 2018

Zed,

On Dienstag, 11. September 2018 00:24:32 CEST zed wrote:

> Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
>
> > Zed,
> >
> > On Samstag, 8. September 2018 02:07:37 CEST zed wrote:
> >
> > > Using KMyMoney v5.0.0 on Linux Mint v18.0 Mate
> > >
> > > I am trying to export accounts I have in KMyMoney as a .qif file but
> > > not succeeding.
> > >
> > > The QIF Export windows appears and I filled in the file location and
> > > chose the Account to export (Account and Categories) but cannot type
> > > anything in the writable icon.  Neither does the Export icon highlight
> > > so that I can click to complete the procedure.
> > >
> > > Obviously, I am doing something wrong and would be very happy to learn
> > > what it is, please?
> > >
> > > A screenshot of the QIF Export window can be viewed at
> > >

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/58opndrwrcaruwp/Screenshot%20at%202018-09-08%2009-34-55.png?dl=0
> >
> > It looks like you need to select a QIF profile. See if there are any in
> > the drop-down list of the combo box. Once selected, the Export button
> > becomes enabled. On
> >
> https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.impexp.qifimp.html#details.impexp.qifimp.profile
> > you can find some more information about QIF profiles.
> >
> > Hope that helps
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> Despite my best efforts I have still not succeeded in achieving an export
> of the accounts as a .qif file.
>
> I went to the website you suggested but neither the the ,qif export window
> nor the .qif import window I get has an option to create a new profile.
>
> As I've been using KMyMoney for a long time and am very satisfied with it,
> my urge to try exporting to another accounting program was just an "itch
> which had to be scratched", as I had no intention of changing.
>
> So, I have put the matter in the "too difficult for a geriatric to handle"
> basket and will, thankfully, stay with something I know and respect.

Zed, thank you for your loyalty, but this still needs to get sorted out. If it is not obvious what to do, we need to improve the software/documentation.

The whole import/export stuff has been reworked lately, so I might give you information which is working for the current development state (5.0 branch and master) but not for the existing release 5.0.0 and 5.0.1. Providing screenshots of what you see is very helpful for me, indeed.

So let's work on this a bit more before we store it in the attic.

Regards

Thomas

The beauty of standards is that there are so many to choose from.