QMYSQL

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 23 22:43:58 UTC 2018

On 2018.05.23 17:58, Joe Harrington wrote:
> I desire to have my data in mysql.
>
> Everything I have been able to find on the QMYSQL driver seems to be
> working within the QT5 environment.
>
> Questions.
>
> To do this must I download the QT Open Source development environment
> and make my own driver or is it available for kbuntu 18.04?
>
> If I can get the driver, I need to know how to configure my server to
> use it.
>
> After all the above, when I get my data into mysql, can I access it
> with normal db access or will QMYSQL have stored it in such a manner
> that it is required to access it. '
>
> My goal is to be able to do certain extractions and reports (without
> altering the database itself)
>
> Thank you,
>

> Joe Harrington
I don't use QMYSql nor Kubuntu, so consider this mostly an educated
guess.

I would expect that the QT driver for MySql should be packaged for
ubuntu, but you might have to search a bit to find the right package
name.  That package should contain enough documentation to set up a
database.  Searching available packages for mysql or qmysql should be a
good start.  Basically, once you set up the database server software
(I'm assuming you intend to have the database actually on your pc, not
elsewhere) you create a database and user(s), perhaps granting extra
privs (such as being able to create a new schema) to the user you plan
to use for your KMM data.

Once KMM saves its data in MySQL, it is just a normal database, so you
should not have any problems accessing the data for your own reporting
purposes.

If you still have problems, post back, and well look for someone with
more direct knowledge of this setup.