Problem with OFX imports with kmymoney-5.0.1-3.fc28.x86_64 and libofx-0.9.10-6.fc28.x86_64

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Sun Jun 24 08:54:50 UTC 2018

On Monday, 18 June 2018 21:23:09 BST Jack wrote:
> Hello Barry,
>
> On 2018.06.18 14:02, Barry Scott wrote:
> > I updated Fedora from 27 to 28 and the packaged KMyMoney has a number
> > of issues.
>
> There has been quite a bit of recent work on ofx importing.  Please
> specify exactly what version of KMM you have.  (And use the package
> name, as we know 5.0.1 still shows 5.0.0 in the "About" dialog.)

kmymoney-5.0.1-3.fc28.x86_64
libofx-0.9.10-6.fc28.x86_64

> > 1) The XML for <ONLINEBANKING/> changed in a way that stops importing.
> >
> > This I fixed by editing the XML to change the provider attr to the
> > new name.
>
> That works, as does unmapping and remapping the account.
>
> > Why isn't the provider name from the earlier KMyMoney still supported
> > at least for backward compatibility?
>
> It was not intentional.  It was an unfortunate side effect of changing
> capitalization.  However, I thought it was fixed in the most recent
> released version (5.0.1).

No it is not fixed in 5.0.1.

> > 2) Imports get lots of errors like the following:
> >
> > Here is an example of the <ONLINEBANKING>
> >
> >    <ONLINEBANKING kmmofx-acc-ref="111111-111111  11111111111111"
> >
> >          uniqueId="111111  11111111111111"
> >          bankid="111111"
> >          kmmofx-headerVersion="102"
> >          provider="ofximporter"
> >          url="http://localhost/bank.wsgi"
> >          accountid="11111111111111"
> >          username="u"
> >          org="Barclays"
> >          protocol="OFX"
> >          fid="fid"
> >          fipid=""
> >          appId="Money:1600"/>
>
> I'm hoping/assuming at this point that the below errors are not related
> to the ONLINEBANKING section of the ACCOUNT item in the XML of the data
> file.
>
> > LibOFX INFO: libofx_proc_file(): File format not specified,
> > autodetecting...
> > (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> > 18446744073709551615)
> > LibOFX INFO: libofx_proc_file(): Detected file format: OFX (Open
> > Financial
> > eXchange (OFX or QFX))
> > (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> > 18446744073709551615)
> > LibOFX STATUS: find_dtd():DTD found: /usr/share/libofx/dtd/opensp.dcl
> > (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> > 18446744073709551615)
> > LibOFX STATUS: find_dtd():DTD found: /usr/share/libofx/dtd/ofx160.dtd
> > (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> > 18446744073709551615)
> > LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
> > SIGNONMSGSRSV1
> > (Above message occured on Line 2, Column 3)
> > LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
> > SONRS
> > (Above message occured on Line 3, Column 5)
> > LibOFX ERROR: OpenSP parser: otherError (misc parse error):
> > /home/barry/tmpdir/libofxtmpTEVcvG:4:15:E: document type does not
> > allow
> > element "LANGUAGE" here
>
> The line and column numbers suggest something odd with the debug
> output, but hopefully that is unrelated to the actual errors.

Its -1 unsigned in 64bit

> > Why is it auto detecting surely its specified by the fact this is an
> > OFX import?
>
> One of the developers will have to answer this - but I think this is
> done by libofx, not actually KMM.  Out of curiosity, what version of
> libofx (and KMM) do you have?

See above.

> > Why is it using the OpenSP DTD and not the OFX DTD?
>
> Note it is using opensp.dclnot dtd.  If you actually look at that file,
> I suspect it also uses one of the two ofx dtd files in that directory.

ok we need a developer to explain whats happening.

> > That means autodect did not work at a minimum.
>
> I think it is working fine.

The evidence is that it does not work.

> If there is a problem it might lie
> elsewhere.  Is there any chance that Barclays changed anything in the
> header of their OFX downloads?

No change.

I also have records from other institutions that I know have not change in
format. For my sins I know the OFX spec and have coded decoders and encoders
in python.

> Do you happen to have an old download
> around to compare?

Yes, its not changed.  Only kmymoney has changed.

I have an V4 version running on my Mac that still imports the same data.

> You also don't say what actually happens when you try to import ofx (is
> this direct connect, or using a downloaded file?)  Does KMM provide any
> error message?

Only a few records get loaded, I'm seeing 90% being dropped on import.

BArry