Problem with OFX imports with kmymoney-5.0.1-3.fc28.x86_64 and libofx-0.9.10-6.fc28.x86_64

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 18 20:23:09 UTC 2018

Hello Barry,
On 2018.06.18 14:02, Barry Scott wrote:
> I updated Fedora from 27 to 28 and the packaged KMyMoney has a number
> of issues.
There has been quite a bit of recent work on ofx importing.  Please
specify exactly what version of KMM you have.  (And use the package
name, as we know 5.0.1 still shows 5.0.0 in the "About" dialog.)

> 1) The XML for <ONLINEBANKING/> changed in a way that stops importing.

> This I fixed by editing the XML to change the provider attr to the
> new name.
That works, as does unmapping and remapping the account.

> Why isn't the provider name from the earlier KMyMoney still supported
> at least for backward compatibility?
It was not intentional.  It was an unfortunate side effect of changing
capitalization.  However, I thought it was fixed in the most recent
released version (5.0.1).

> 2) Imports get lots of errors like the following:
>
> Here is an example of the <ONLINEBANKING>
>
>    <ONLINEBANKING kmmofx-acc-ref="111111-111111  11111111111111"
>          uniqueId="111111  11111111111111"
>          bankid="111111"
>          kmmofx-headerVersion="102"
>          provider="ofximporter"
>          url="http://localhost/bank.wsgi"
>          accountid="11111111111111"
>          username="u"
>          org="Barclays"
>          protocol="OFX"
>          fid="fid"
>          fipid=""
>          appId="Money:1600"/>
I'm hoping/assuming at this point that the below errors are not related
to the ONLINEBANKING section of the ACCOUNT item in the XML of the data
file.

> LibOFX INFO: libofx_proc_file(): File format not specified,
> autodetecting...
> (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> 18446744073709551615)
> LibOFX INFO: libofx_proc_file(): Detected file format: OFX (Open
> Financial
> eXchange (OFX or QFX))
> (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> 18446744073709551615)
> LibOFX STATUS: find_dtd():DTD found: /usr/share/libofx/dtd/opensp.dcl
> (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> 18446744073709551615)
> LibOFX STATUS: find_dtd():DTD found: /usr/share/libofx/dtd/ofx160.dtd
> (Above message occured on Line 18446744073709551615, Column
> 18446744073709551615)
> LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
> SIGNONMSGSRSV1
> (Above message occured on Line 2, Column 3)
> LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
> SONRS
> (Above message occured on Line 3, Column 5)
> LibOFX ERROR: OpenSP parser: otherError (misc parse error):
> /home/barry/tmpdir/libofxtmpTEVcvG:4:15:E: document type does not
> allow
> element "LANGUAGE" here
The line and column numbers suggest something odd with the debug
output, but hopefully that is unrelated to the actual errors.

> Why is it auto detecting surely its specified by the fact this is an
> OFX import?
One of the developers will have to answer this - but I think this is
done by libofx, not actually KMM.  Out of curiosity, what version of
libofx (and KMM) do you have?

> Why is it using the OpenSP DTD and not the OFX DTD?
Note it is using opensp.dclnot dtd.  If you actually look at that file,
I suspect it also uses one of the two ofx dtd files in that directory.

> That means autodect did not work at a minimum.
I think it is working fine.  If there is a problem it might lie
elsewhere.  Is there any chance that Barclays changed anything in the
header of their OFX downloads?  Do you happen to have an old download
around to compare?

You also don't say what actually happens when you try to import ofx (is
this direct connect, or using a downloaded file?)  Does KMM provide any
error message?