account undeletable

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jun 18 20:46:41 UTC 2018

Hi all,

On Montag, 18. Juni 2018 22:27:05 CEST Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:

> thanks, I'll look into this further
>
> There are no transactions showing for this acct.  It is called
> 'undeletable' and in fact is not deletable.

I don't know of any logic within KMyMoney that creates or modifies an account in such a way that it receives this name. Which version of KMyMoney is this?

Regards

Thomas

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2018.06.18 10:54, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > There is now an account in my list called z-undeletable. We did not
> > > put it there.  There are no transactions in the ledger.  Any idea
> > > what this is and how to get rid of it?
> > >
> > > This file was originally created on my ubuntu 16 laptop and then
> > > transferred to a Windows 10 computer.  I doubt that has anything to
> > > do with it but reporting it just in case.
> > >
> > > thanks for any assistance
> > Hi Gary,
> >
> > My first question is whether the program won't allow you to delete it,
> > or if that is just in the name?
> >
> > An account cannot be deleted if there is anything else in the file
> > referring to it.  Aside from transactions, it could be referred to in a
> > Schedule, for example.  Also, are you sure there are no transactions
> > which are just not being shown due to a date filter?  You might try a
> > report by transactions, showing All Dates, to check that.
> >
> > The next method would be to look at the data file directly.  If it is a
> > .kmy file, you can copy it (don't use the original) to file.xml.gz and
> > then gunzip it.  Then search (grep or your favorite tool) for a line
> > with z-undeletable.  There should be a line starting with <ACCOUNT.  On
> > that line, find the field id="Annnnnn" and then search for that
> > identifier in the file.  Hopefully any lines which show up should
> > indicate what type of entry still exists and needs to be deleted before
> > you can delete the account.
> >
> > Jack

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
"I'd like to buy Windows." "Are you crazy?" "Is this part of the licence
agreement?" "Not really, but it might ease the usage ..."