Kmymoney crashes when trying to create a new account

Mark Adams mark9117 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:31:22 UTC 2018

Mageia Linux 4.14.40-desktop-1.mga6
Kmymoney ver. 5

Tried to create another credit card account today and when I hit the
"Finish" button, Kmymoney crashed. Reopened Kmymoney and a the account had
not been created.

I repeated that process two more times with the same result.

Attempted to create a regular Asset account and had the same result.

My first inclination is to look at permissions. The ~/.configure/kmymoney
directory looks like this:

     drwxrwxr-x  3 madams madams  4096 Jun  7 13:16 kmymoney

The subdirectories under that look like this:

     -rw------- 1 madams madams   73 May 13 17:58 checkprintingrc
     drwxrwxr-x 2 madams madams 4096 Jun  7 13:08 html/
     -rw------- 1 madams madams 8109 Jun  7 13:16 kmymoneyrc

I am doing all this under the madams account.

I ran kmymoneyrc through the "less" command and it seems to be okay - no
obvious trouble there.
I can create and edit budgets with no trouble.
I can edit my scheduled transactions.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

--
Mark Adams

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email, you agree, on behalf  of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any
and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap,  confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and
acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with
your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity,
without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further
represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS
AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.