Change type of account

Ian Millington ian at ianmillington.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 22:10:23 UTC 2018

Thanks for that Thomas

Given that the loan has been running for 2 years already I might be
better keeping as I am. The loan is a car loan from my bank. The
mechanics of it are that new bank account was set up from which the car
purchase money was transferred to my current account, resulting in a
corresponding debit balance in the loan account. Interest is applied
monthly and standing order payments are made to it. I cover both of
these in KMM by way of scheduled transactions, but have to edit the
interest charge in KMM as the scheduled transaction is, of course, just
an estimate.

On analysis the way I treat this within KMM pretty accurately reflects
the mechanics as, apart from the interest charge, which can vary from
month to month and is trending downwards, KMM deals with it perfectly.
When looking at the loan option in KMM The thing that made me pause for
thought was the question "who is the payee" to which the answer was the
account itself! I therefore felt I might be complicating things
unnecessarily.

So, thanks I now have a deeper understanding of how it all works but I
think it best to stick with what I'm doing

Regards
Ian Millington
Created with Mozilla Thunderbird and Kubuntu Linux