KMyMoney 4.6.6 - unable to delete or edit a transaction.

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 4 16:29:34 UTC 2018

On 2018.06.04 11:40, Eric Watson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my Ledger I have and entry which was made as a payment transfer of
> funds to a savings account in the Ledger.
>
> The funds were never actually transferred but are recorded in the
> originating account as transferred.
>
> eg. A1 account transfers £500 to B1 account. A1 account total is
> correct but B1 account is £500 short.
>
> I would like to delete the entry in A1 account and remake it so the
> transfer amount appears in the B1 account.
>
> When I right click on the bad entry I get the Transfer options menu.
> On this menu both edit and delete are grayed out leaving the only
> options, new, move or mark.
>
> Advice would be appreciated please.
>
> Eric
Just to be sure I understand, you created a transaction which
transferred £500 from account A1 to account B1, and the bank does show
the money has left A1, but it has not yet arrived in B1.  However, I am
not sure what you are trying to do.  If you delete the transaction from
A1, then will it not have £500 extra?  Also, since KMM follows the
principles of double entry bookkeeping, any money leaving one account
has to be added to some other account.

However, if the program will not let you edit the transaction, we have
to figure out why.  If it will let you move or mark it, then it really
should let you edit or delete.  If you just hover the mouse over the
transaction, is there any popup indicating any sort of error
condition?  If you save the file, does the consistency check show any
error about that transaction?