Cannot open kmy file

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jun 3 11:25:42 UTC 2018

Pierre-Yves,

I just created a file as a copy of an existing one and named it 'éè.kmy'. There was no problem to open it whatsoever.

Could it be, that you have a mismatch in the encoding of your filesystem?

BTW: don't get confused by the numbers after the filename. They only show if compiled with debug options on

Regards

Thomas

On Samstag, 2. Juni 2018 12:26:37 CEST py.bonnetain+kmymoney at ba-cst.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A few weeks ago (mid-april), I upgraded from kmymoney 4.8.1.1-r1 to
> 5.0.1-r2 (Linux Gentoo system). For my main kmy file, there is no
> problem whatsoever. But another, less used file cannot be opened anymore.
>
> Either I get a "File is not a KMyMoney file" error (and kmymoney
> displays its home page) or I get "No storage object attached to
> MyMoneyFile in file
> /var/tmp/portage/app-office/kmymoney-5.0.1-r2/work/kmymoney-5.0.1/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyfile.cpp
> line 225" and kmymoney crashes.
>
> It *seems* (I just made the test, a spark of inspiration) this comes
> from accents/non-ascii chars in the file path. The same file with a pure
> ascii path opens without obvious problems.
>
> Is this a bug on KMyMoney 5 (everything worked ok with 4.8.1), or did I
> forget stg important in the setup or compilation of KMyMoney ?
>
> Tia,

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
'Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is
time-rich and cash-poor.' -- Cory Doctorow: Little brother