Cannot open kmy file

py.bonnetain+kmymoney at ba-cst.com py.bonnetain+kmymoney at ba-cst.com
Sat Jun 2 10:26:37 UTC 2018

Hello,

A few weeks ago (mid-april), I upgraded from kmymoney 4.8.1.1-r1 to
5.0.1-r2 (Linux Gentoo system). For my main kmy file, there is no
problem whatsoever. But another, less used file cannot be opened anymore.

Either I get a "File is not a KMyMoney file" error (and kmymoney
displays its home page) or I get "No storage object attached to
MyMoneyFile in file
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/kmymoney-5.0.1-r2/work/kmymoney-5.0.1/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyfile.cpp
line 225" and kmymoney crashes.

It *seems* (I just made the test, a spark of inspiration) this comes
from accents/non-ascii chars in the file path. The same file with a pure
ascii path opens without obvious problems.

Is this a bug on KMyMoney 5 (everything worked ok with 4.8.1), or did I
forget stg important in the setup or compilation of KMyMoney ?

Tia,
--
Pierre-Yves Bonnetain-Nesterenko