Problems updating mutual fund prices using Yahoo.com

Jane Hadley jhadle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 21:34:29 GMT 2018

For the last several days, I have been unable to update mutual fund prices
in KMyMoney.

I am using KMyMoney Version 4.6.6 on my Ubuntu 16.04 desktop machine.

When I go Tools-->Prices -->Update Stock and Currency Prices and then click
on "Update All," I get the following error message:

Fetching URL
https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=ACRNX.
..
Timeout on server query1.finance.yahoo.com: Socket operation timed out
Unable to update price for ACRNX (empty quote data)

Is anybody else having the same problem?

Suggestions welcome.

PS - I would like to update to KMyMoney 5.02, but when I use Synaptic to do
so, the latest version it offers is the version I have installed: 4.6.6. I
also wouldn't mind some guidance on how to find and install a safe version
of 5.02 with the least technical knowledge required.