Help with config issue

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 30 16:28:11 GMT 2018

On 12/30/18 4:14 AM, Felix Rubio Dalmau wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> 	I have been using kmymoney for some years now, and I am very happy with it. However, for some months now I have been suffering a quite annoying issue: there is one account for which
>
> 		a) Any new entry in the ledger is set by default to "Increase" (and I am using that account mostly for payments, so is very annoying having to select manually "decrease" each time).
> 		b) If I set a "Pay to" for any transaction, all subsequent transactions will have the same payer... instead of starting empty (to clean the field I have to enter a payer with a single space, and ask kmymoney not to remember it).
>
> 	As this happens for only one account, I guess is not a bug in kmymoney but in my configuration... but I do not see where this can be coming from.
>
> 	Can anybody give me hand?
>
> 	Happy new year!
> 	Felix

Hello Felix,

Your second issue really was a bug, and it has been fixed in git for the
next release (5.0.3) and no, there is no schedule yet for that release.
You did discover the best workaround - entering a single space, and
telling KMM to not create that payee.

For your main issue, what type of account did you use in KMM, and what
are you actually using it for.  I wonder if you used some type of asset
account (savings or checking) when you should have used a liability
account (credit card) or the other way around.