Question Regarding Money Transfer Between Different Accounts(KMyMoney)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Dec 6 11:29:26 GMT 2018

Hi Anonymous :)

you need to create a third account (usually an asset account) which is used for the transfer. I have one myself called 'Transfer'. Its balance is usually zero.

With this account in place, instead of doing a transfer from A -> B you do two, one from A -> C and one from C -> B. Now you have two transactions and can adjust the date accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Thomas

On Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2018 12:19:01 CET Anonimity Anonimity wrote:

> Suppose I transfer an amount between two accounts, and the transfer is not immediate(i.e. there are two different clearing dates), how do I then alter the dates of the splits individually?
>
> I ask this because when I try to edit one split, insert the correct date and clear it, then the other split automatically adjusts itself and gets the same date! Obviously this automatic adjustment does not correspond to the right clearing date for both splits. How can I tackle this?
>
> Can you please help? This is very frustrating for me.

Linux & Open Source Software - aaah, the sweet smell of 'Free'dom