Residual value after removing all shares from investment

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Tue Apr 17 12:45:44 UTC 2018

Hi
KMM Version 4.8.1-ebeeced071
Linux Mint Debian Edition 2

I am transferring shares from an investment in one account to the same
investment in a different account. There is no sell/buy of shares, just
a share transfer. Since there is no transfer option in investments I
decided to use the Add/Remove option.

However when I 'removed' all the shares from the first investment, the
Investment Value remained at 7 cents although the number of residual
shares was zero.

I have a price precision of 4 digits, but the number of shares precision
is only 3. This is rounded off from the input precision of 4 digits. I
cannot find any way of changing this precision. It would seem that this
is the reason for the residual 7 cent value since this is the only
numerical variable input in the 'remove shares' option.

Anyone have any ideas? The residual value means I cannot close this
investment and account.

Regards
Timothy