Budget with direct transfer Re: Best practice: Budgeting with savings / part of income.

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Oct 11 15:19:41 UTC 2017

Hi Tobias,

On Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017 15:39:45 CEST Tobias Pankrath wrote:

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 08:27:01 +0200
> > From: hugo borrell <hugoborrell at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: Best practice: Budgeting with savings / part of income.>

[...]

> Yes, I'd prefer to make a direct transfer instead of two separate
> transactions, but how do I create a budget for this use case?

I doubt that you can budget this scenario directly. KMyMoney's budget feature
is about income and expense planning. Moving funds from one of your accounts
to another is not income nor expense in that sense.

One way you could try is to setup an expense category called 'Put aside' or
similar and then budget that category. When time comes, you simply transfer
the amount from one to another but not to the expense category. The only thing
that this approach will not allow is to compare the budget vs. the actual
saving going on.

Hope that helps.

Thomas

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
On Windoze it helps to reboot, on UNIX it helps to be root!