Best practice: Budgeting with savings / part of income.

hugo borrell hugoborrell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 06:27:01 UTC 2017

Hello,

> I set up categories that allow for such transfers between checking and
> savings for each separate savings account I may have

This is how to do if you don't want your saving account to appear on this
file of KMM, which can happen for some reason.

However, generaly for a personal finance management, I would recommand to
create a saving account in the same file. That way, you can select this
account in the "category" list when you are selecting the type of expense
you make : this won't be a category, just an internal transfer from one
account to the other : one will be credited while the other will be debited.

Hugo