KMyMoney Crash with AqBanking

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon May 22 11:55:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sunday 21 May 2017 16:41:14 Ryan Novosielski wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some time back I moved to AqBanking for my Chase accounts. It's not as
> convenient as it was before they broke the usual method for downloads,
> but it works.
>
> Fast forward some and I upgraded Ubuntu at some point (not certain which
> upgrade) and it broke something in the whole chain. I navigate through
> the screen where it asks me what date range to use, asks for a password,
> downloads, and then when it gets to "Operation finished, you can now
> close this window," I click close and KMyMoney crashes 100% of the time
> with a signal 11. I'm currently on Ubuntu 17.04, which has KMyMoney
> 4.8.0 and AqBanking 5.6.12.
>
> If I run KMyMoney from the command line, I get the following in the
> Terminal window after I click "close" and the software crashes:
>
> Executed a job which was not in queue. Please inform the KMyMoney
> developers.
> Executed a job which was not in queue. Please inform the KMyMoney
> developers.
> KMyMoneyPlugin::KMMStatementInterface::import start
> KCrash: Application 'kmymoney' crashing...
> KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
> KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/ryanov/.kde/socket-obelisk/kdeinit4__0
>
> (kmymoney:9704): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: inotify read(): Bad file descriptor
>
> [1]+  Trace/breakpoint trap   (core dumped) kmymoney
>
> I'm a pretty savvy user, have a lot of experience building kernels and
> all the rest of it, but so far, I've been stymied by attempting to put
> together a debug build on Ubuntu. Following the directions never quite
> seems to get me what I need, and apparently there has been some paradigm
> shift in the debug builds anyway that makes the directions incorrect.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I can get started helping to solve this problem?
> Thanks!

The first thing I would do is to run KMyMoney under gdb control, so on the
command line run

   gdb kmymoney

and once gdb comes up with its prompt execute

   run

Here's how this looks for me

---8<---
thb at thb-nb:~$ gdb kmymoney
GNU gdb (GDB; openSUSE 13.1) 7.6.50.20130731-cvs
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-suse-linux".
<http://bugs.opensuse.org/>.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
..
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/kmymoney...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/kmymoney
---8<---

Now run the code that causes the crash and check if you can extract some more
information.

Next would be to build KMyMoney with debug symbols which involves building
from source in case your distro does not provide the debug version.

https://www.telegram.org/ Telegram, the better whats app
'Only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)' - Linus Torvalds