KMyMoney Crash with AqBanking

Ryan Novosielski ryan at novosielski.com
Sun May 21 20:41:14 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Some time back I moved to AqBanking for my Chase accounts. It's not as
convenient as it was before they broke the usual method for downloads,
but it works.

Fast forward some and I upgraded Ubuntu at some point (not certain which
upgrade) and it broke something in the whole chain. I navigate through
the screen where it asks me what date range to use, asks for a password,
downloads, and then when it gets to "Operation finished, you can now
close this window," I click close and KMyMoney crashes 100% of the time
with a signal 11. I'm currently on Ubuntu 17.04, which has KMyMoney
4.8.0 and AqBanking 5.6.12.

If I run KMyMoney from the command line, I get the following in the
Terminal window after I click "close" and the software crashes:

Executed a job which was not in queue. Please inform the KMyMoney
developers.
Executed a job which was not in queue. Please inform the KMyMoney
developers.
KMyMoneyPlugin::KMMStatementInterface::import start
KCrash: Application 'kmymoney' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/ryanov/.kde/socket-obelisk/kdeinit4__0

(kmymoney:9704): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: inotify read(): Bad file descriptor

[1]+  Trace/breakpoint trap   (core dumped) kmymoney

I'm a pretty savvy user, have a lot of experience building kernels and
all the rest of it, but so far, I've been stymied by attempting to put
together a debug build on Ubuntu. Following the directions never quite
seems to get me what I need, and apparently there has been some paradigm
shift in the debug builds anyway that makes the directions incorrect.

Can anyone suggest how I can get started helping to solve this problem?
Thanks!

--
  Ryan Novosielski
  ryan at novosielski.com