No plugins after latest git build

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jan 4 12:02:14 UTC 2017

Hi Timothy,

did you also run 'make install' to install the software? Which directory is
used by KDE and where is KMyMoney installed into? Do these locations match?
Here's how this looks for me (including the commands to find out):

thb at thb-nb:~/devel/kmymoney (4.8)$ kde4-config --prefix
/usr

thb at thb-nb:~/devel/kmymoney (4.8)$ grep CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
build/CMakeCache.txt
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr

Being different is usually the reason why plugins don't show up. If you
installed, but CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX differs from the global KDE prefix, then
make sure to uninstall KMyMoney (using 'make uninstall' possibly with sudo)
before you change the value using ccmake. This will tidy up things on your
system. Then run make and make install again.

If you install to a development location, then that is a completely different
scenario.

Hope that helps. If you have more/other questions, please let us know.

Regards

Thomas

On Wednesday 04 January 2017 11:33:21 timothy wrote:

> Please disregard previous email.
>
> I have uninstalled, recompiled and successfully built the latest
> version.
> Any idea what could have caused no plugins?
>
> Regards
> Timothy
>
> On Wed, 2017-01-04 at 11:27 +0200, tboyle wrote:
> > Debian Mint LMDE-2 Betsy
> > Kmymoney Version 4.8.0-3ce51d7b2f
> > Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.2
> > Qt: 4.8.6
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have just now built the above version of KMM.
> >
> > Configure results (user options):
> > KDE PIM holidays:                        yes
> > OFX plugin:                              yes
> > OFX clientuid support                    yes
> > KBanking plugin:                         no
> > weboob plugin:                           yes
> > iCalendar export plugin:                 yes
> > SQLCipher plugin:                        no
> >
> > However when run to check 'Settings/Configure/Plugins' shows no plugins
> > at all.
> >
> > Is there some option I should be using in the build process?
> >
> > Regards
> > Timothy

Having trouble with Windows? Reboot!
Having trouble with Linux? Be root!