Chase and CATEGORY in ofx

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Sep 27 16:10:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Monday 26 September 2016 17:31:11 Bob Ewart wrote:

> Interesting problem with Chase credit card downloads.  They now have
> transactions looking like this:
>
> <STMTTRN>
> <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
> <DTPOSTED>201609...
> <TRNAMT>-nn.nn
> <FITID>201609...
> <NAME>AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS
> <CATEGORY>
> <MEMO>null
> </STMTTRN>
>
> KMyMoney sets the payee to 'null' or whatever is in the <MEMO> field
> instead of the <NAME> when you import a downloaded .ofx file.

Did you know, that KMyMoney allows you to select from which field of the OFX
file to extract the name on a per account basis? It should be in the "Edit
account/Online settings" tab IIRC. If you don't find it, I have to setup an
OFX account here to see where it is.

> Before they inserted the <CATEGORY> line, everything worked as it should
>
> I'm using 4.8.0 and downloading the .ofx files rather than trying to to
> an online update
>
> --
>
> Bob Ewart

Hexdump should be compulsory at kindergarten! -- Jos van den Oever
Found on http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3569