kmymoney 5 frameworks

Christian David christian-david at web.de
Tue Nov 15 17:20:36 UTC 2016

Hi Thimothy,

certainly KMyMoney 5 will not only use tier 1 libraries, why should it?
However, it does not depend on the plasma desktop. Btw: KMyMoney depends on
some libraries which are not part of KF5 (or previously the kdelibs) at all.

KMyMoney should be fine in a bundle like snap, appimage, docker or any other
kind of package. The problem is that we have to find someone to do the work.

I do not get the last question. Do you mean; will KMyMoney 5 work with kdelibs
4? If so, the answer is definitely no. We want to use the cool new features
(and they are not compatible)!

What do you mean by “effort needed to switch”? Do you want to compile it
yourself with all dependencies? Loading a previous .kmy file will work just
like before. If the user interface is not changed, the user will not even
notice that he is using another version.

Please note that KMyMoney 5 is far from being ready, so major changes can be
expected. A release will take (a lot) more time.

Greetings
Christian