Santander 1 Plus VISA Card with KMyMoney

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at frontier.com
Sat Jun 11 16:10:53 UTC 2016

On 6/10/2016 5:20 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2016 16:46:23 CEST Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>> On Thursday 09 June 2016 14:49:56 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>> Does anyone use this card together with KMyMoney?
>>>
>>> https://www.santander.de/de/privatkunden/konto_und_karte/kreditkarten/
>>> 1plus_visa-card/produktinfo_1plus_card.asp
>>>
>>> From my search on the internet I found that they may (!) export CSV data
>>> or QIF data. But there are also people who write there is no CSV export
>>> anymore.
>>
>> I just received my access credentials for it today, so I can't tell (yet) if
>> it will work flawlessly. I asked if they support HBCI during the activation
>> and that was negated by their customer support. Too bad.
>
> Well thats nice. If you can get it to work in any way, either HBCI or well
> importing CSV, QIF or whatever, please let me know.
>
>>> As I found in KMyMoney I paid already over 80 Euro for paying in foreign
>>> currencies with my current cards I am interested in an additional card
>>> without expenses like this for foreign payments and it seems this offer
>>> may be the best.
>>
>> Same reason here, though I did not spent that much.
>
> I currently have regular orders there.

I contacted Santander US to ask what on line downloads they support.
Their first response simply said they do not support OFX direct connect.
When I asked for more details, they said they do support Quicken for
personal accounts.  If nothing else, it shows me their customer support
seems not to understand anything about this stuff, so it seems it will
just take folks to keep trying to find what (if anything) works.  It is
also not clear if the US and European divisions have anything in common
in terms of their computer support.