Updating prices problems

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:49:31 UTC 2016

Generally, I update my stock prices just once per month.  Last month,
out of about 20 stocks, perhaps about 6 failed, this using Morningstar
in the UK. A day or so later, I tried again and one or two of the
problem ones went through this time.  I didn't have time then to pursue this
This month, there were similar problems.  Retries sometimes worked
straight away, others needed a few tries, and one needed more than six,
but eventually worked.
I know that web-sites sometimes do changes that cause problems, but I've
not had intermittent failures before.
Has anyone else experienced this, or can suggest a possible cause.  I'm
not noticing other network problems.
Just for interest,having now updated everything, I tried again, and had
thirteen failures!

Allan