Errors when closing KMyMoney

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:34:47 UTC 2016

On 27/02/16 17:18, Jack wrote:
> On 2016.02.27 11:35, Thomas Spuhler wrote:

>> /home/iurt/rpmbuild/BUILD/kmymoney-4.7.2/kmymoney/mymoney/storage/mymo

>> ('A000100',NULL,'A000098',NULL,NULL,'2010-12-19',NULL,'12','Income','N','S

>> Term',NULL,'USD','0/1','0',0),('A000101',NULL,'AStd::Income',NULL,'2016-0
>> > I don't think we knew you were using a database and not the file
>> > backend.  It might help if you did a "Save As" and save as a regular
>> > KMyMoney file, such as kmm.kmy.  Then rename that file to kmm.xml.gz
>> > and gunzip it.  That will give you the XML file we have been talking
>> > about.
>> >
>> > There is something funny in the line you give above, as it seems like a
>> > record and a half.
>> The e-mail just makes two lines out of one

> It's not an issue of physical lines, it is about partial or complete
> records, since it apparently comes from a database query.  If you look,
> it starts with ('A000100', and there is a matching ) followed by a comma
> and then ('A000101', but no closing parenthesis.  That second part is
> the beginning half of the record you post below from the file.

<snip>
Quite recently, I saw an example of a user's file where the formatting
had gone awry.

In that case, it was related to payee names which included the '<' or
'>' character.  These characters are used as delimiters in XML files,
and the extra, unexpected ones were screwing the parsing of the file on
input. [1] It wouldn't do any harm to check your XML file in this area,
although it is a bit of a long shot.  It could potentially affect fields
other than payee name, too.

[1] The characters "<" and "&" are key syntax markers and may never
appear in content outside a CDATA section.

Allan