Errors when closing KMyMoney

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 27 17:18:20 UTC 2016

On 2016.02.27 11:35, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> On Friday, February 26, 2016 01:03:26 PM Jack wrote:

> /home/iurt/rpmbuild/BUILD/kmymoney-4.7.2/kmymoney/mymoney/storage/mymo

> and

> id
> > >
> > > Allan, I don't think I have such a file, but found the
> information in
> > > the database file This is the line in table  kmmAccounts
> > >

> ('A000100',NULL,'A000098',NULL,NULL,'2010-12-19',NULL,'12','Income','N','S
> > > hort
> > >
> Term',NULL,'USD','0/1','0',0),('A000101',NULL,'AStd::Income',NULL,'2016-0
> > > 2-23
> > I don't think we knew you were using a database and not the file
> > backend.  It might help if you did a "Save As" and save as a regular
> > KMyMoney file, such as kmm.kmy.  Then rename that file to kmm.xml.gz
> > and gunzip it.  That will give you the XML file we have been talking
> > about.
> >
> > There is something funny in the line you give above, as it seems
> like a
> > record and a half.
> The e-mail just makes two lines out of one
It's not an issue of physical lines, it is about partial or complete
records, since it apparently comes from a database query.  If you look,
it starts with ('A000100', and there is a matching ) followed by a
comma and then ('A000101', but no closing parenthesis.  That second
part is the beginning half of the record you post below from the file.

> > However, if 'A000101' is the account, the second
> > following item should be the parent account, and 'AAStd::Income'
> might
> > mean it is a top level income account.  We still need to see the
> rest
> > of that line, and any other line in the file that refers to that
> > account.  The easiest way is to just do "grep A000101 kmm.xml" once
> you
> > have decompressed the saved file.
> >
> > Jack
>
> I get 256 lines, all except 2 have data I cannot post.
You could post them if you remove or replace the sensitive
information.  I assume all those lines are deposits of earned interest
into that account or withdrawals or transfers out.  However, I don't
think that is necessary to post them here.  The original error message
you posted was "Unknown account id 'A000101'" and that account is
clearly present in the file.

> These are the first two lines:
>    <SUBACCOUNT id="A000101"/>
>   <ACCOUNT currency="USD" description="" parentaccount="AStd::Income"
> opened="2010-12-19" number="" lastmodified="2016-02-23" type="12"
> id="A000101"
> lastreconciled="" institution="" name="Interest Earned">

Are you still getting that original error?  Is it the same using the
database and using the file?  If so, then the next step would be to do
a save as, saving as an anonymized file.  This removes all the
identifying information, and uses random amounts in all the
transactions.  If you still get the error with that file, then you
could post it without given away any private information.  However, I
would wait until one of the developers responds before doing that.