Looking for assistance connecting to Prudential Retirement with kMyMoney v4.72

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 4 01:25:52 UTC 2016

On 2016.02.03 17:38, Jesse McGraw wrote:
> I was hoping someone on the list might have some ideas on how to
> connect to Prudential Retirement via OFX
>
> Their help documents only mention Quicken.  In addition to the
> regular username and password, they discuss how to construct an
> account number to download statements, but kMyMoney only has the
> ability to specify username and password so far as I can tell.
>
> I'm using the automatically obtained OFX info:
>
>    Fipid: 567 URL:
> https://ofx.prudential.com/eftxweb/EFTXWebRedirector
>    Org: Prudential Retirement Services Fid: 1271 Supports online
>    statements Supports investments
>
> When supplying my username and password (which do work with their web
> site) the only error I can get is "Server message: Iteration: 0 For
> Mandatory Attribute (DTACCTUP) :: (Is Mapped To pr_getAccountInfo --
> dtacctup)"
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>   Jesse

There are likely several possibilities.  First thing to try is to get
more information.  If you create an empty file in your home directory
called ofx.log then try again to map the account, it should put the ofx
log in that file.  That might have more information.

I don't know what that error message is about, but I have a suspicion
it is a red herring (if DTACCTUP is date of account update.)

However, I wonder if it is not actually an account number you have to
create but a UUID (User Unique ID).  This has been discussed on the
kmymoney-devel list recently (with some also on this list) because
Chase Credit Cards recently changed their OFX server to require this.
Unfortunately, libofx does not currently handle this.  However,
aqbanking does.  Once I got it set up, I've already forgotten the
details, but if you try to map the account using aqbanking, one of the
configuration screens should include this, and I think it already has a
suggested value.  The UUID is essentially arbitrary, and is often used
by the banks to limit the number of different devices which you can use
to connect.  However, you can actually use the same number on multiple
devices.  If you are only trying to do the OFX download from the one
computer, then it doesn't really matter.

You didn't say which OS you are using, but hopefully your version does
have aqbanking compiled in.

Hopefully this gives you enough to make a bit more progress - write
back with further problems.