KMM 4.7.2 investments worth are not displayed in accounts page

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:13:08 UTC 2016

  Quoting Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>:

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 17 April 2016 22:53:12 Jeff Barlow wrote:
>
>> On 04/17/2016 06:14 AM, Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:
>> Yes, I am referring to the window "Accounts" as per your first link, and
>> yes, for all of my investments, the total balance is empty (not zero,
>> but there is nothing there) and total value is $0.00
>>
>> I have exactly the same issue. Note that I see only the lines of type
>> "Investment" for each of several accounts. I have no lines of type
>> "Stock" as shown in the screenshot. Perhaps this is because I have no
>> Securities of type "Stock". I do however have several of type "Mutual
>> Fund" which I would expect to be handled the same as any other stock.
>> They do not show up on the Account page either.
>
> Does changing the setting "Show equity accounts" have any impact on this? See
> https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.settings.html for details where to find
> it.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart
>
> GPG-FP: E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
> Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to
> be very selective about who it decides to make friends with. --
> unknown-------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Thomas,

Yes, selecting Show equity accounts displays the underlying securities
with the share balance in the "Total Balance" column along with a
monetary value in the "Total Value" column.

Please let me know if you want me to try more stuff before I post a
anonymous file in the bug report.
Thanks
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com