Method for entering complicated investments in KMM

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:12:00 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have an investment portfolio that is composed of several
investments.  Each investment within this portfolio has a percentage ,
and according to the percentage, a certain number of shares are
purchased (depending onthe share value of course).

For example, lets say the portfolio consist in the following investments

Global actions (10% of the portfolio) at $5/share
Local market (25% of the portfolio) at $7/share
Class A stock (40% of the portfolio) at $3/share
Class B stock (25% of the portfolio) at $10/share

And that I invest $1000 on this portfolio, the shares will be
calculated as this:

Global actions:  20 shares ($1000x10% / $5 per share)
Local market:  35.714 shares ($1000x25% / $7 per share)
Class A stock: 133.333 shares ($1000x40% / $3 per share)
Class B stock:  25 shares ($1000x25% / $10 per share)

I think this is pretty classic and simple for a customized portfolio.
How do you guys enter reccurring transactions in KMM?  In this
example, this is a retirement portfolio to which I contribute on every
paycheck, so every other week.  Entering the investments one by one is
cumbersome and time consuming, not to mention updating the prices
manually because no online source seems to carry them (or that I
couldnt find any)..  Also, I dont have 4 investments in my portfolio
but 16...

Just curious to see what more advanced users are doing in KMM...

Thanks!
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux