[Kmymoney] Delete/Correct Account Currency Entries

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:30:53 UTC 2015

On 08/09/15 10:11, timothy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with spurious currencies. I saved my .kmy file to .xml
> and identified the entries which are similar to below:-
>
>   <ACCOUNT currency="E000027" description="" parentaccount="A000353"
> opened="2008-05-07" number="" lastmodified="2014-08-08" type="15"
> id="A000388" lastreconciled="" institution="" name="............">
>
> The currency "E000027" is not valid and throws up errors in the Tools >
> Update Stock and Currency Prices option.
>
> How would I go about changing the E0000.. to the base currency in
> the .kmy file? There is no way that I can see to delete these entries.
> They only show up in the Tools > Update Stock and Currency Prices and
> cannot be deleted there.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Regards
>
> Timothy

Hi Timothy

Apart from the errors in the Tools/Update Stock and Currency Prices
option, does everything else appear to work normally?.

I would have expected the Consistency check to have flagged a problem
like this, assuming you have done one.  It might be as well to ensure
you keep a copy of that file in case any investigation of that aspect is
necessary.

Does the currency ID "E000027" show up elsewhere in your file?  Can you
see what it relates to?

Before anything else, ensure you have good working backup.  Bear in mind
that editing the file involves some risk, so take your time.  Change the
currency ID to that of your base currency, for just one of these
records, then save as XML, and you can then load that into KMM as usual.
  Run a Consistency check and then look for this account and see if all
looks normal.  Then, if OK, repeat the process for the other errors,
with your fingers crossed.

Allan