[Kmymoney] Archive or delete?

Footer footer at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:38:18 UTC 2015

Greetings Users/Developers of KMyMoney,

First off, let me say that I've been using KMyMoney for nearly 10 years and
I enjoy this program very much.  So THANK YOU to all of those involved in
creating/maintaining this wonderful program.  I'm currently running
KMyMoney 4.6.4 on KDE 4.13.3 (Kubuntu 14.04.2 LTS).

In all that time, I have of course, had several car loans, mortgage
refinances, credit card accounts that have come and gone, checking/savings
accounts that have come and gone, etc.

What I've been doing is just closing closed accounts and paid off loans
which leaves the data in KMyMoney and draws a line through the various
closed accounts in the Accounts --> List view (both Liability and Asset).

So my question is, how does everyone handle their closed accounts?  I don't
mind leaving the data/accounts in KMyMoney, my data file is only around
700KB and it loads very fast, but I would like to clean up the views and
get rid of some of these old accounts.  I know I have to remove all the
transactions before I can truly delete an account, but I'm thinking I'd
like to archive the old data to keep it around ... for posterity if nothing
else?  :-)

I would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts on what other folks are
doing with old closed accounts.  Sorry for the long explanation and thanks
for reading!

Terry (extremely happy and long term KMyMoney user!)