[Kmymoney] kmm vs. MySQL Database in KMyMoney-4.7.2

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed May 20 15:36:52 UTC 2015

Hallo,

I am using since some years KMyMoney with a MySQL-Database, without problems.

As one of my accounts has collected pretty much transactions during the time,
the upgrade of the database after importing data from the bank takes a
significant amount of time, perhaps more than one minute.

On a parallel box I am doing the same, but with the *.kmm database instead of
the mysql one. The upgrade of this database is very much faster, may be one or
two seconds.

Now some few questions:
1.) Is there, from the point of view of the developers any reason for using
mysql or kmm ? e.g. safety, sql-access or any others ?

2.) could the low mysql performance be a result of not yet finished
development or is it simple system inherent ?

3.) I still get in my login-mask an "Atention: this program is still under
development..." when working  with MySQL. Is this note in the meantime not
obsolet ? what could go wrong after years of use ?

Thanks for some comments. But as I said, no problems, great program !

Edgar
--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>
GPG Key ID:AD5C6F70