[Kmymoney] CSV import leaves 30% of Payto field entries blank

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:30:44 UTC 2015

On 02/06/15 21:24, Rob Vandermeulen wrote:
> Attached is the anonymized csv. Line 1 and 3 are the problem sources.
> Settings are : number=2 date=6 payee=8 amount=4 memo=3 7 9 10
>
> I discovered another issue with Payee matching : the most significant
> payee name is not matched in case of multiple matches, For some reason,
> most of my debit card payments come with a "TOWN SHOPNAME" payee format,
> but a 1 or 2 just have "TOWN", and as a result TOWN get's matched
> exclusively. It affects about 20% of transactions, so manual correction
> is a bit tedious.
> Maybe this can be solved by trying to match the longest payee strings
> first before going to smaller strings ?
>
> Rgrds
> Rob

I've just done a very quick test and it produced the same result as yours.

I think its as well, Rob, if you would raise a bug report for this, and
a separate one for the second issue you've found.  It will help for the
future if someone else runs into the same issues - it takes time for
fixes to percolate, and for users to update.

The first problem rang a faint bell with me and I found this -
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/107138/
"disallow single-space match key when matching payee by list of keys ".
It's not identical, but similar, I think, and it has been incorporated.

Allan