[Kmymoney] Feature request: piggy banks

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 10:20:32 UTC 2015

On 15/07/15 10:53, Paul Cardinaels wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using kmymoney for some time now and I really like it, it
> really helped me to organize my money.
> A nice to have feature would be piggy banks, to put my saved money
> towards a defined goal, for example to buy a new car.
> Somehow budgets don't get the job done since I don't get to see if I
> have that amount available.
> Piggy banks would be really helpful here.
>
> Kind regards,
> Paul

I'd just be inclined to use a savings account, although it doesn't have
any defined goal field.

Perhaps you could enter an opening balance equal to the goal, but
negative, then the balance would be a negative amount of the shortfall.
  I haven't tried that myself, however, and it could just be twaddle.

Allan