[Kmymoney] Australian Stock Dividend

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:02:23 UTC 2015

On 06/07/15 01:00, Briertys wrote:
> Hi
> Can you advise how I should enter the following dividend details in
> KMyMoney
>
> Dividend of 99cents per share on 4150 shares = $4108.50
>
> Dividend reinvested and 122 shares allocated at $33.61 per share =
> $4100.42 with a carry over balance of $8.08 held for the next dividend
> reinvestment transaction. So will need to record the carry over cash
> balance somehow.
>
> In addition the dividend has been franked (tax paid) with a franking
> credit (tax credit) of $1760.79, which in my case will be a tax offset
> to reduce my income tax liability.
>
> I am impressed with your package and am just having difficulties with
> this one issue.
>
> Thanks
> Col Brierty

Hi Col

I'll try to help, if only partly.  Another user may be able to chip in
about the franking issue.

I'll assume you have an investment account with a linked brokerage
account.  The investment account will already have your quantity of
shares as 4150, so I would just record a dividend payment with the
amount 4108.50 going into the brokerage account.

The second element is the reinvestment, but a reinvestment normally
applies to a transaction coming to you from your investment company,
whereas in your case, you are creating the transaction so I would record
it as a purchase, from the brokerage account, for the amount of 4100.42,
leaving a balance there of 8.08.  I'd use the memo fields to explain the
detail.

So far as franking is concerned, I have no experience, I'm afraid, as we
don't have them.  However, I did a search for "gnucash franking credit"
and it looked like that may help you.

Allan

Please send any response to the list.