[Kmymoney] Choosing the bank import file

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Mon Jan 26 22:52:59 UTC 2015

On 26/01/15 22:14, aga wrote:

> OFX is theoretically the best, as it was built for the job, but not
> every supplier stays within the rules.
>
> The last three are probably proprietary.  The first is likely to be
> CSV (comma separated values), for which there is a KMM plugin.  How
> successful it will be, depends on the actual file format and type.
> Banking is pretty standardised but investment less so, but as you
> mention 'bank', you could be in with a chance.
>
> What KMM version do you have?  The latest is best.  CSV support has
> been in for a while now, but has been 'evolving', shall we say?  It's
> certainly worth  a try.
>
> If you have any difficulty, let's know.
>
> Allan
Thank you Allan, I appreciate your advice.  Yes I'm referring only to
banking.  OFX is what I get with what I usually select, which is
Microsoft Money 2002, but CSV sounds promising (I notice you're the
author of that plugin!).  I think I'll give it a go.

I'm using 4.7.1 and that's on Manjaro so I assume it's the latest
release of KMM.

One more question - would there be any implications to suddenly
switching the file type that I use to import transactions?

Kind regards,
Huw