[Kmymoney] Consistency Check Messages

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 08:57:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

This part of the consistency check does the following:
"make sure, that shares and value have the same number if they
represent the same currency."

Thomas, could you elaborate a bit about the meaning of the shares and
the value of a split? Sometimes I also find it difficult to figure out
the meaning of these fields. What I know is that the transaction has
an account and the split has another account. If the two accounts have
different currencies then the shares represent the number of units
represented by the split in the split account's currency and the value
is the number of units in the transactions account's currency. Thus
the price (conversion rate) is value/shares. Is this correct?

If you see the fix it means that you have transactions with splits in
an account that have different shares and values even though the split
account's currency is the same as the transaction account's currency.
The 'T000000....1234' is the transaction id that you can lookup in
your kmymoney file.

$zcat file.kmy | grep T000000....1234

Please take a look at the transactions and try to figure how they
ended up in this state.

Regards,
Cristian